Norton Professional Books, a division of W.W. Norton focusing on education and mental health books for both professionals and general readers, seeks a Marketing Manager with 3+ years of experience in education and/or mental health and self-help publishing. Expanding the division’s presence in the K-12 education field and managing initiatives aimed at mental health clinicians, academics, and relevant lay audiences are the main objectives of this position.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Developing and maintaining sales relationships with K-12 school administrators, teachers, and In-Service/Professional Development trainers and organizations
- Creating and managing online and print promotional campaigns and advertisements (determining the format, writing copy, working with designers and vendors, list management, etc.) for both education and mental health titles
- Social media marketing, including the creation of in-house video content for promotional purposes.
- Managing relationships with booksellers and combined exhibitors handling conference-related sales
- Representing our division as an exhibitor at conferences (light travel required)
- Working with both our Trade and College divisions on cross-market initiatives for both education and mental health titles
- Ongoing market research, competitive analysis, and Google Analytics management
This job reports to the Marketing Director of this growing division, and works closely with acquisitions editors, authors, and affiliated organizations. For the right candidate, the position offers excellent opportunity to take initiative, make nimble decisions, and expand responsibilities. Visit wwnorton.com/education and wwnorton.com/psych for more information about our books.
Please note- this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.