W.W. Norton & Company is seeking an Associate Art Director for their trade hardcover division. This position is responsible for designing and art directing original cover designs for a portion of our hardcover list. The Associate Art Director must bring a critical eye for design, above average communication skills, as well as an autonomous and organized workflow as both a designer and art director. Understanding the publishing industry, cover design nuance, and possessing an overall passion for creative thinking is a must. The Associate Art Director will report to both the Trade Design Director and Executive Art Director of Hardcovers.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Art Direct freelancers on 5-8 titles per list (15-24 titles per year).
- Design 5-8 titles per list (15-24 titles per year).
- Minimum of 5-6 years of design experience at a publishing company.
- Must have a versatile style and feel comfortable working across multiple genres of trade publishing.
- Various other tasks as assigned by their manager(s).
Please note - this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.