W. W. Norton & Company is seeking a Product Specialist. As a member of Information Technology Team, you will be responsible for assisting in supporting our educational software products. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, eager to learn new technologies, and able to work independently. This position reports to the Director of Education Technology and is based out of our New York office.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Work with the Help Desk support team to provide assistance for Level 3 customer support.
- Provide answers to digital product users (students and instructors) by identifying problems, researching answers and guiding users through corrective steps.
- Work with the Project Manager in prioritizing bug resolution and preparing for sprint grooming.
- Execute test cases to validate new features, patches, or bug fixes.
- Work to establish comprehensive, detailed technical knowledge of the product line.
- Compile, manage, and maintain up-to-date documentation (i.e. FAQ, quick start guides, help notes, product release notes, etc.) with input from other team members.
- Work closely with other team members to help outline requirements based on support incidents and/or defects found in our software.
- Design and assist with internal and external training on our educational software products.
- Responsible for staying abreast of development plans as they arise and recommending additional support as needed.
- Communicate through regular updates to Product Manager and/or Project Managers the status of assigned work, support incidents, or documentation updates.
- Suggest improvements within the workflow, process, and documentation (when appropriate).
- Liaison with other cross-functional internal teams and outside development teams.
- Participate in staff meetings and training sessions.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Please note - this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.