W.W. Norton & Company, Inc. is seeking a Project Manager to join the College Digital Media team. The Project Manager will work directly with the digital media editorial teams on multiple projects to define and communicate project requirements and status. This person will be a liaison between editorial and technical teams and will help establish best practices for documentation and tracking of projects to inform project stakeholders. This position will report to the Editorial Director for Digital Media.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with media editors to understand and shape their project requirements.
- Organizing, creating, and communicating general and technical information about media projects to the various product stakeholders, including identifying and documenting business processes and requirements.
- Participating in activities related to release planning, new product planning, and roadmaps to ensure that editorial teams have a clear understanding of goals, actions items, roles, and timelines and that they are effectively communicating their project needs.
- Conducting user acceptance testing to confirm that editorial requirements are delivered and providing clear feedback for corrections when requirements are not met.
- Promoting a collaborative team environment.
- Working with editors to solicit market feedback to shape current and future media projects.
- Developing project requirements for technical teams based on interviews with project stakeholders, design teams, vendors, and others as needed.
- Tracking projects, including questions, decisions, and changes throughout each project.
- Assisting with schedules and communicating milestones and deadlines.
- Assisting with the creation of documentation of how to use authoring and production tools and reviewing documentation from various teams to ensure clarity and accuracy.
- Interacting professionally with authors, college faculty, and vendors, and effectively communicating ideas to colleagues including the college department editorial board.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.