W.W. Norton & Company, Inc. is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager to join its IT department. The Quality Assurance (QA) manager is responsible for all QA activities within our Software Development Lifecycle. The QA Manager works closely with project managers, developers, testers and other functional teams within the organization to create a complete QA process. He/she also manages the relationships with any external QA vendors. In addition, the QA Manager is responsible for training, supervising, scheduling, and monitoring the QA activities related to software development within the IT Department.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Leads in the planning and implementation of the QA methodology.
- Manages a team of QA Analysts and Off-Shore resources.
- Interfaces with third-party content providers (vendors) and internal colleagues (e.g., stakeholders, business analysts, IT, etc.).
- Adapts the QA approach for different environments and different development teams.
- Lead QA effort: create test plans, write test cases, perform functional and exploratory testing, effectively communicate status and required remediation.
- Work with DevOps to integrate front-end automation scripts that are embedded in CI framework.
- Provides detailed reporting to management on project status, risks, product health and completion.
- Provides valuable and meaningful data and information to help launch products at the desired quality level.
- Leads QA process, determining needs and strategies, then executes.
Please note - this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.