W.W. Norton & Company is seeking a Payroll Administrator to join the Human Resources department. As a member of the HR team, the Payroll Administrator is responsible for preparing, processing, and balancing bi-weekly payroll for 400+ employees, residing across 40+ states. This individual also performs administrative duties relating to compensation and benefits, including payroll and benefits spreadsheet preparation and benefit invoice auditing.
Other Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
- Following completion of payroll, complete 401(k) funding and generate journal entries for the accounting department.
- Maintain department reports, records and excel logs.
- Prepare and file certain taxes that are not handled by ADP.
- Answer employee inquiries relating to payroll.
- Coordinate data collection to process payroll and distribute related payroll reports.
- Investigate and correct errors related to payroll in a timely manner.
- Audit W-4s, payroll balance sheets, YTD earnings, time sheets and invoices and resolve errors prior to payroll processing.
- Complete employment verifications.
- Run and distribute daily/weekly reports to the finance department.
- Handle year-end reporting for US and Canada including ACA filing and W2 distribution.
- Process employee hires and terminations in ADP.
- Assist with other projects related to payroll, including audits throughout the year.
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend changes leading to more efficient, best-practice operations.
- Data entry and other administrative support tasks as assigned, such as filing, copying, shredding and organizing.
Please note - this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.