W.W. Norton & Company is seeking a College Permissions Assistant to support the department with clearing the necessary permission for copyrighted textual, illustrative, and audiovisual materials. Candidates must have strong communication and research skills, be very organized and detail oriented, and proficient at multitasking. The ability to prioritize strategically, consistently meet deadlines, and work independently is also essential. The College Permissions Assistant is an entry-level job, reporting to the Director of College Permissions.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Requesting and obtaining permission for copyrighted material to appear in Norton’s college and high school textbooks and various media ancillary products.
- Negotiating fees and terms of permissions agreements with copyright holders of requested materials.
- Maintaining the College Permissions department’s tracking database with updated information on project status and contact information for copyright holders.
- Processing payment of permissions fees.
- Performing general administrative tasks, such as: filing, scanning, and archiving documents to maintain updated permissions files.
- Supporting the other members of the College Permissions department by assisting with various projects and tasks as needed.