W.W. Norton & Company, Inc. is seeking a Desktop Support Analyst to join its IT department in a fast-paced NYC corporation. This technician will assist in supporting approximately 400 end users both remotely and in person, with emphasis on Mac support. This role serves a critical front line technical role responsible for problem resolution for the host of enterprise end user equipment including, MacBook, iMacs, iPads, PCs, laptops, printers, scanners, and VoIP phones. Operating systems supported include Mac OS X and Windows 7/10.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Respond to user requests through Service Cloud ticketing system. Document, track and monitor issues to ensure a timely resolution, and communicate updates to the end user. Request assistance or escalate tickets as needed.
- Install and configure workstations for new users, and upgrade existing equipment and software.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot desktop system, printer and operating problems.
- Provide the first point of contact for support and maintenance of Apple equipment.
- Use Apple Remote desktop to maintain and manage desktop systems, including creating and deploying software installation packages.
- Manage user accounts in Active Directory and Exchange Online.
- Provide support for Microsoft Office related issues.
- Provide support for print/file related issues.
- Provide support for Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Utilize various tools to remove viruses and malware.
- Participate in testing software, operating system upgrades, and patching as needed to ensure compatibility with our existing inventory.
- Develop procedures and other documentation to ensure all team members have adequate resources to support Apple hardware.