W. W. Norton & Company is seeking an experienced, passionate, self-driven hands-on Lead UI/Front End Engineer with extensive React/Redux/NodeJs experience. Applicable experience in porting over PHP/JS code into a React/Redux and Node.js based stack is a plus. Experience with a combination of these new and old technical skills is critical.
This position is responsible for leading a team of developers to drive front-end development standards and work to continually enhance the customer facing aspects. This person must be able to contribute to architecting solutions, enhancing frameworks and think in terms of producing solutions that are reusable, simple and able to be extended by other developers. Creative programming and problem-solving skills are a must, as is the ability to work iteratively.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide technical guidance to team members in coding best practices, providing instructions, and debugging code written by team members.
- Write code that is performant, secure, maintainable, clear, and concise.
- Contribute to architecture and build UI boilerplates and JS frameworks to allow developers easily create new apps quickly.
- Build atomic, customizable, reusable pieces to be used throughout multiple applications following design patterns for separation of concerns, code re-usability, security and performance.
- Improve the reliability and efficiency of our core systems.
- Estimate engineering effort; attend daily scrums, ensure functional and non-functional deliverables are on schedule, perform code review, plan implementation, and help rollout system changes to production.
- Execute and deliver on business and technical objectives.
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues that span multiple systems.
- Manage technical risk and debt for the team.
- Communicate and coordinate with cross-functional business, offshore and third-party development groups and contractors.
- Support rollouts, analyze technical issues and be available for on-call duties to lead resolution.
- Create and maintain technical documentation to assist with ongoing support and maintenance of applications.
- Recognize process and code inefficiencies, and proactively recommend resolutions.