W. W. Norton & Company is seeking a Digital Media Editor for its psychology college publishing team. Working closely with the book editor, the Digital Media Editor will be responsible for the effectiveness, quality, and timeliness of the digital media Norton creates to support psychology textbooks and courses. This position will report to the Associate Director for Digital Media. Please note that location can be either in the New York Office or remote.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Understanding the undergraduate psychology course markets in college publishing and the diverse needs of adopters and students throughout the country.
- Planning, developing, and implementing pedagogically-useful and innovative content to be used in digital products for teaching, learning, and assessment.
- Creating budgets and development timelines to correspond with editorial, sales, and production schedules and the needs of the market.
- Collaborating closely with editorial, digital design, production, and IT colleagues to ensure quality and timeliness of materials.
- Finding, signing, and communicating with authors and subject matter experts for a wide variety of editorial projects.
- Soliciting feedback from the market and incorporating this feedback into current and future editorial projects.
- With the help of an editorial assistant and editorial associate, closely monitoring projects at all stages of editorial development and production.
- Professionally interacting with authors, college faculty, and vendors, and effectively communicating ideas to colleagues including the college department editorial board and the advertising and marketing departments.
- Clearly and compellingly presenting digital products to the Norton sales team and to faculty on campus, at focus groups, and at academic conferences.
- Communicating the specifications for, and functionality of, digital media to fellow editors, designers, production managers, programmers, and software developers.