W.W. Norton & Company is seeking an experienced Production Manager to oversee production and manufacturing for Norton Professional Books, including one color and four color titles. The Production Manager will report to the Director of Production, Trade, with supervision from the Editorial Director.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Scheduling, estimating, trafficking, and ordering paper, bound galleys and books.
- Estimating for one-color and four-color books printing in the US and Asia.
- Hiring freelance designers and compositors, and assessing art files for quality.
- Trafficking and archiving corrections for text and covers.
- Working with several book manufacturing companies and component vendors to ensure timely printing and shipping of titles.
- Collaborating with the Editorial and Design departments to usher books through the reprint cycle.
- Maintaining an accurate database of all book projects in process.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.