The Desktop Support Technician serves a critical front line technical role responsible for problem resolution for the host of enterprise end user equipment including, PCs, laptops, MacBook, iMacs, iPads, printers, scanners, and VoIP phones. Operating systems supported include Mac OS X and Windows 7/10.
- Provide the first point of contact for support and maintenance of Apple equipment.
- Respond to user requests through Service Cloud ticketing system. Document, track and monitor issues to ensure a timely resolution, and communicate updates to the end user. Request assistance or escalate tickets as needed.
- Install and configure workstations for new users, and upgrade existing equipment and software.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot desktop system, printer and operating problems.
- Manage user accounts in Active Directory and Exchange Online.
- Provide support for Microsoft Office related issues (Office 2016, Office 365).
- Provide support for print/file related issues.
- Provide support for Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Utilize various tools to remove viruses and malware.
- Participate in testing software, operating system upgrades, and patching as needed to ensure compatibility with our existing inventory.
- Develop procedures and other documentation for the team’s Knowledge Base.
Please note - this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.