The Ebook Department at Norton is a collaborative team that handles all ebook operations in the company, including production, quality assurance, distribution, and archiving. This role supports the department with trade ebook production/QA and development of higher-education digital textbooks; monitors conversion schedules and follows up with affiliate publishers and Norton production staff on time-sensitive projects; updates department databases with the latest production information; and occasionally steps in to help with distributions to e-retailers. This position reports to the Digital Content Production and Distribution Manager.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
- Track ebook production schedules in collaboration with the distribution coordinator and department manager, ensuring adherence to sensitive dates.
- Route instructions and files to/from outsourcing vendors, answering vendor queries.
- Run quality assurance on trade ebooks in EPUB, and occasionally Mobi/KF8, formats.
- Communicate with Norton production and editorial staff for the timely delivery of ebook production materials.
- Liaise with Norton affiliate publishers who produce/distribute ebooks through our Ebook Department, and keep clients abreast of their project statuses.
- Make routine corrections to existing ebook files and help keep ebook distribution and archiving operations up-to-date.
- Occasionally assist the distribution coordinator in tracking and distributing ebooks through our online distribution hub, and help document the steps in database tracking.
- Assist the department manager in routine tasks.