W. W. Norton is seeking a Business Systems Analyst to join its IT department. This position will use business and technology knowledge to serve as a liaison between departmental stakeholders and IT in order to determine correct course of action to achieve desired results. This individual will collaborate with business and technical resources to determine needs and develop technical requirements for system development. In addition, he or she will assist stakeholders in the analysis of a proposed idea and performs the review, determines the systems potential, conducts documentation, testing and follow through.
This position reports to the Director of Information Technology and is based out of our New York office.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Gather, analyze, and define stakeholder requirements for internal business systems.
- Communicate with and train stakeholders to ensure successful adoption of the defined solution.
- Negotiate, facilitate, and communicate expectations between the business stakeholders and the development community.
- Oversee implementation, coordinate tests and observe initiation of the system to validate performance.
- Maintain system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those must base their work on the requirements.
- Perform system analysis for enhancements and modifications to application and database systems.
- Lead or participate in weekly and monthly review meetings with external vendors, business stakeholders and internal IT staff.
- Perform project management tasks as required.
Please note - this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.