W.W. Norton is seeking a Digital Content Distribution Coordinator to join its Ebook Department. The Ebook Department at Norton is a collaborative team that handles all ebook operations in the company, including production, quality assurance, distribution, and archiving. This role supports the department by managing all digital content distributions, such as ebooks and other digital assets; tracking distribution schedules and liasing with production staff for timely file delivery; reporting schedules and adjustments to Norton and affiliate publisher staff; updating department databases with the latest distribution information; and ocassionally stepping in to help with the production archives. This position reports to the Digital Content Production and Distribution Manager.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Track ebook production schedules in collaboration with the department manager, ensuring adherence to sensitive dates.
- Communicate with Norton production staff for the timely delivery of distributable files.
- Distribute ebook and other digital content files to retailers and troubleshoot basic distribution errors.
- Process monthly ebook withdrawals, ensuring retailer compliance.
- Generate and route various ebook production and distribution reports.
- Prepare ebook files for inclusion in the production archive and help keep archiving operations up-to-date.
- Record distribution stages in the department's databases.
- Update basic ebook metadata in the company's central metadata repository
- Assist the department manager in routine tasks.