W. W. Norton & Company is seeking a direct marketing manager to join its college department. The direct marketing manager will be responsible for designing and implementing direct marketing campaigns for front list and back list titles in a variety of disciplines. This position will report to a marketing director in the college department.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Working closely with other direct marketers to develop and execute direct marketing campaigns across multiple disciplines.
- Collaborating with discipline marketers in the department to create cohesive direct marketing plans for books and online media.
- Closely tracking and analyzing results of each direct marketing campaign.
- Writing compelling direct marketing emails that result in high response rates from professors.
- Professionally interacting with professors through email, telephone calls, and in-person in order to close adoptions.
- Documenting key information and data from interactions by inputting information into the company’s CRM.
- Communicating with college sales representatives about leads generated from direct marketing campaigns.
- Leading group or individual webinars with professors interested in seeing Norton’s online products.
- Maintaining communication with editorial and marketing teams about results of direct marketing campaigns and feedback about book content.