W.W. Norton is seeking a Project Manager to join its IT department. The Project Manager works to ensure on-time, on-budget delivery of projects for W.W. Norton’s Business Systems team. The Project Manager is responsible for keeping a project moving in a forward direction and brings together the resources needed to achieve a successful deliverable. This position tracks the various teams within IT and communicates milestones and objectives so that each independent team can meet the expected deadline. Through collaboration with the Business owner, the Project Manager manages the overall project goals and scope.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Leads project scope definition by working with business owners.
- Leads project planning and implementation.
- Works with business owners and other project managers to create and maintain the Project Roadmap.
- Works with the business owners and other project managers to turn the product roadmap into executable projects.
- Establishes the RACI matrix for projects.
- Follows and schedules projects - as per the Project Roadmap defined by the business owner.
- Participates in scrum ceremonies and coordinates resourcing with the Scrum Master.
- Collaborates and communicates with stakeholders, developers, technical team members and designers.
- Sets schedules and milestones with inputs from all other teams assigned to that product, manages project scope and timelines.
- Works with business owner to ensure that the product vision and high-level business objectives are clear and achievable.
- Ensures that the functional requirements are tracked, achievable, and met.
- Works closely with the Business owner, Scrum Master, Business Analyst, QA Manager and Product Specialist assigned to that product line.
- Coordinates sprint advancement (from QA to stakeholder review, and from stakeholder review to production release).
- Helps to manage dependencies among cross-product teams.
- Helps to identify, classify, and manage risk for functional improvement requests.
- Responsible for any schedules, milestones, communication, and status updates - with inputs from other teams.
- Provides detailed reporting to management on project status, risk assessments, and completion.