W. W. Norton & Company is seeking a Quality Assurance Analyst to join its IT department. This position will further establish our Quality Assurance processes and work closely with other functional team members such as Project Managers, Business Analysts and Product teams to build quality software and participate in our process improvement plan. This position reports to the Quality Assurance Manager.
In this role, this person is responsible for creating functional, end-to-end and regression test plans; executing the plan and managing all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the solution works as expected. The solution should be tested in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other integrating systems as identified. The QA Analyst will work closely with the Developers, Business Analysts and Product Specialists to review their plans and cases and ensure that they are complete, comprehensive and accurate. The QA Analyst will keep their executed work up to date and escalate blockers in a timely manner to ensure management is informed to address any challenges. In general, the QA Analyst must make sure that testing is well defined, planned and executed. The analyst does this by ensuring that every feature of the software solution is tested and that any potential issue is identified and fixed before the product goes live.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
- Develop, execute and maintain test plans.
- Participate appropriately in all agile meetings (standups, scrums, groomings and retrospectives).
- Analyze, write, and execute Test cases as per functional requirements.
- Create and execute functional, regression, integrated, positive and negative testing.
- Review end-to-end functional and integration test results with stakeholders.
- Promptly escalate any issue which affects product delivery and quality of production release.
- Work closely with the developers to test new features / enhancements collaborating with them to iron out finer business requirements.
- Proactively identify requirement gaps, operational risks, and control defects during testing to safeguard such deficiencies from making it into our Production environment.
- Recognize when test automation is appropriate, plan the effort and work closely with automation test engineers.
- Defect logging, defect triage and defect verification.
- Ensure test environments and test data are in place before test execution and managed during test execution.
- Provide progress/status reports on testing activities to management.
- Checking progress against targets, reporting as necessary and taking action to resolve exceptions.