W. W. Norton & Company is seeking a Director of Advertising to join its College marketing department. The Director of Advertising will be responsible for directing advertising strategies and analyzing the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. This position will report to the Director of College Marketing.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and maintain advertising budget (with director of marketing).
- Coordinate and manage all components of print advertising pieces between advertising team and editorial/marketing teams.
- Review drafts, layouts, and final print ads for all titles.
- Work with marketing managers to develop and execute email marketing strategy, including marketing automation, segmentation strategies, and customer journey building.
- Manage and oversee copy, design, and final email ads for all titles.
- Advise on optimization of email service provider.
- Advise on optimization of contact database by analyzing gaps in our data, driving contact acquisition, and ensuring high-quality data.
- Manage and execute strategy for digital marketing initiatives (non-commerce driven).
- This includes search rules, SEO/SEM, banners, promotions, email subscriptions, preview pages, landing pages, Amazon metadata, content marketing strategy, and use of Google Analytics.
- Review drafts and final pages of advertising website content for all titles.
- Act as main point of contact for marketing/advertising on optimal use of the CMS.
- Advise e-commerce team on commerce strategies.
- Work with marketing team to develop and execute social media marketing strategy.
- Recruit, hire, train, and manage Advertising Department personnel (currently four team members).
- Manage all day-to-day operations of the department.
- Coordinate advertising-related projects with other departments (Trade, Professional, High School, Custom, Institutional, Digital, and Affiliates).
- Represent the College Ad Department (with Trade, Editorial, Marketing, website architecture/design strategy, and outside vendors).
- Seek out and develop vendor relationships relating to new technologies for advertising.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, improvements, and new technologies to keep us on the leading edge.