W. W. Norton & Company is seeking a Metadata Operations Assistant to work closely with the Business Analyst and Metadata Operations Associate as well as other departments, including production, sales, marketing, editorial, IT, and contracts, to ensure the proper setup and timely delivery of product metadata. In this role, you will be working with a team that is constantly evolving to meet the needs of our vendor partnerships, responding to the latest industry best practices and standards, and proactively reporting and troubleshooting issues with our internal systems to better serve our company and partners.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Review and approve updates to product metadata submitted by other users, as well as enter and correct metadata as needed.
- Review regular reports of system errors and metadata failures from internal systems and external partners, and take action as needed.
- Field questions and requests from internal departments as well as outside data partners related to ONIX and related business systems and route them appropriately.
- Work with Metadata Operations Associate to identify and complete large-scale data clean-up projects to improve overall metadata quality.
- Maintain departmental documentation on workflow, data partners, and proprietary systems.
- Contact data partners and internal departments proactively to fix problems with metadata quality and the ONIX process as they occur.
- Assist Business Analyst and Metadata Operations Associate with QA testing for system enhancements and improvements.