Liveright Publishing Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary and imprint of W.W. Norton & Company, is seeking an assistant to support the Director of Publicity and a trade Editor. This is a full-time, entry level position.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Assisting publicist on promotional campaigns for front list and paperback titles.
- Coordinating press materials and review mailings.
- Processing review requests.
- Maintaining database of review and media coverage.
- Processing invoices and expenses related to book tours and promotional campaigns.
- Helping publicists compile tour schedules and booking arrangements.
- Reading and evaluating manuscripts quickly and writing reader’s reports.
- Drafting catalog and jacket copy.
- Researching comparative titles and related media.
- Organizing and executing blurb and editorial mailings.
- Liaising with authors and agents.
- Demonstrable interest in serious nonfiction encouraged.
- Management of manuscripts in all stages of production - Sending manuscript to be reviewed by authors. Setting and adhering to schedules. Preparing manuscript for copyediting and production.
- Helping authors complete art and permissions logs; act as a liaison between the Permissions department and the author(s) to ensure that all text and image permissions are cleared on a timely basis.