W. W. Norton & Company is seeking a full stack junior developer to help the Norton Lab develop prototypes for innovation in publishing, while also maintaining and growing our Node.js book publishing platform. This position will be responsible for building tools for the future of publishing in collaboration with designers, project managers, editorial staff, and our accessibility team. The ideal candidate loves working with others to create highly usable and accessible systems. The Junior Developer will report to the Co-Directors of the Norton Lab.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Helps the Norton Lab develop experimental prototypes for publishing.
- Maintains and documents the existing Node.js toolchain for book production.
- Identifies opportunities for platform improvements and implements new features to address internal needs.
- Manages Git repositories that house publishing platform tools, following best practices for Git repository management.
- Helps Ebook Production staff execute their vision for new products by assisting in the creation of accessible frontend design samples and layout templates.
- Coordinates with Production stakeholders to identify development and tooling priorities.
- Collaborates with internal working groups to evolve Norton’s digital book production ecosystem.