W.W. Norton is seeking a Contracts and Permissions Assistant for its Contracts Department. This employee will work closely with the Contracts Director and the Trade Editorial departments and report to the Contracts Director.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Review all permissions licenses for the trade editorial departments, approve and query Contracts Director whenever necessary.
- Revise and update permissions logs and notify relevant editorial departments of status and approval.
- Keep accurate records of all approved license terms, ensuring they are in line with in-house policies and assist trade editorial assistants with large projects.
- Maintain lists of freelancers to engage on large projects, and update permissions packet to be provided to author.
- Review and approve author photo licenses for all editorial departments.
- Train trade editorial assistants on permissions procedures and in-house licensing policies.
- Submit titles for copyright registration.
- Assist the Contracts Director and Contracts Manager as needed, including maintaining monthly reports, researching and scanning contracts.