W.W. Norton is seeking to a Senior UI Designer to join its IT Department. This position resides within the Interaction Design team and will work closely with UX and visual designers and our partner development team to bring exceptional user experiences to life. This senior role will collaborate with UX and visual designers, technologists, product managers, business analysts, and IT managers, all located on the same floor in our NYC headquarters. This position reports to the Director of User Experience.
We have a collaborative design team environment and strive to make complex products easy for our customers to use. We believe front-end development is a key part of the design process. Our design team practices a user-centered design approach and conducts iterative user testing to create products that engage and delight. Our product work crosses many different types of customers, from general book consumers to educational tech products for college students and instructors.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Create beautiful, well-functioning user interfaces that meet business, user and technological needs.
- Guide development of Norton’s pattern library of components to be used across products with close attention to detail of UI code, design and accessibility best practices.
- Collaborate closely with design, development, product and accessibility specialists.
- Present solutions to design team, stakeholders, and development teams.
- Prioritize tasks and deliverables and manage multiple projects.