W. W. Norton & Company is seeking an Editorial Assistant to support the Media Editor for chemistry for digital and print resources for college courses.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
- Management of media content in all stages of production - Sending content to be reviewed by college instructors. Setting and adhering to schedules. Preparing content for copyediting and production.
- Communication management - Professionally interacting with authors, college faculty, marketing, and sales staff to relay messages, follow-up on requests/information and in general, anticipating when to proactively act on messages (including relaying messages with a sense of urgency).
- Document management - Copying, printing, emailing. Organizing and maintaining files.
- Creating and editing Excel and Word documents to support projects and/or office responsibilities.
- Data Management - Extracting data from internal web based information portals. Aggregating data from various sources. Information gathering and following up.
- Project management - Collaborating with and providing support to media editorial team to move numerous different projects forward in order to meet publishing deadlines.
- Market research - Assisting media editor with research on market trends in online learning.