W.W. Norton is seeking a User Experience Designer to join its IT Department. This position serves as the intermediary between our users and W.W. Norton’s business and development teams. The UX Designer will collaborate with product owners, business analysts, and technologists to create exceptional experiences for our customers. Our UX Team crosses many different types of customers, from general book consumers to college students and instructors. We have a collaborative design team environment and strive to make complex products easy for our customers to use. We practice a user-centered design approach to create products that engage and delight our customers. This position reports to the Director of User Experience in Norton’s New York City headquarters.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Design intuitive experiences that meet business and user needs.
- Collaborate closely with design colleagues.
- Create design deliverables for stakeholders and technology teams, from low fidelity wireframes to high fidelity mockups.
- Present designs in design reviews to design team, stakeholders, and development teams.
- Manage multiple projects and prioritize your tasks and deliverables.