W. W. Norton is seeking a Project Manager to join the team building Norton’s digital products. The Project Manager is responsible for keeping a project moving in a forward direction. This position brings together the resources needed to achieve a successful deliverable. This position tracks the various teams within IT and the Product group and communicates milestones and objectives so that each independent team can meet the expected deadline. Through collaboration with the Business Owner, the Project Manager manages the overall project goals and scope. This position reports to the Director of Project Management and is based out of our New York office.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Leads project planning and implementation for projects in a product line.
- Serves as Scrum Master for the developers on the team - leading scrum ceremonies, clearing obstacles and ensuring the team is working effectively.
- Works with the Business Owner/Product Manager to facilitate creation and maintenance of the Project Roadmap.
- Works with the Business Owner/Product Manager to turn the product roadmap into executable projects
- Establishes the RACI matrix for projects in a product line.
- Follows and schedules projects - as per the Project Roadmap defined by the Business Owner.
- Collaborates and communicates with stakeholders, developers, technical team members and designers.
- Sets schedules and milestones with inputs from all other teams assigned to that product, manages project scope and timelines.
- Works with Business Owner/Product Manager to ensure that the product vision and high-level business objectives are clear and achievable.
- Ensures that the functional requirements are tracked, achievable, and met.
- Works closely with the Business Owner/Product Manager, Business Analyst, QA Manager and Product Specialist assigned to that product line.
- Coordinates sprint advancement (from QA to stakeholder review, and from stakeholder review to production release).
- Helps to manage dependencies among cross-product teams.
- Gathers information from technical leads, QA leads and business analysts into recommendations.
- Helps to identify, classify, and manage risk for functional improvement requests.
- Responsible for any schedules, milestones, communication, and status updates - with inputs from other teams.
- Provides detailed reporting to management on project status, risk assessments, and milestone completion.