W.W. Norton is seeking a talented designer to join its College Production department. This individual will be responsible for designing and managing textbook interiors and covers for a variety of disciplines including Political Science, Biology, History, Economics, Psychology, Sociology, Literature, Anthropology, Music and Film. This person will attend meetings, consult with editors, art directors, and collaborate with the creative team. This position reports directly to the Design Director.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Create original designs for the College list with guidance from the Design Director and senior members of the team.
- Work on design revisions for new editions of College textbooks.
- Adapt book designs for E-book, Custom, High School, and Instructors’ editions.
- Keep supervisor updated on the status of each project, prioritize schedules, problem-solve and meet all deadlines.
- Work collaboratively with freelancers, editors, production managers and the design team.
- Provide general assistance on other tasks as assigned.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.