W. W. Norton & Company is seeking an Editorial Assistant to support the Media Editor for Astronomy and Geology. The Astronomy and Geology Media Team creates resources for college courses taken by non-science majors, including videos, animations, games, online activities, and instructor support material. Subject matter expertise is helpful, but is by no means required.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Management of content in all stages of production - Sending manuscript to be reviewed by college instructors. Setting and adhering to schedules. Preparing manuscript for copyediting and production.
- Communication management - Professionally interacting with authors, college faculty, marketing, and sales staff to relay messages, follow-up on requests/information and in general, anticipating when to proactively act on messages (including relaying messages with a sense of urgency).
- Project management - Collaborating with and providing support to media editorial team to move numerous different projects forward in order to meet publishing deadlines.
- Document management. Organizing and maintaining files.
- Creating and editing Excel and Word documents to support projects and/or office responsibilities.
- Data Management - Extracting data from internal web-based information portals. Aggregating data from various sources. Information gathering and following up.
- Market research - Assisting media editor with research on market trends in online learning.
Please note - this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.