W.W. Norton & Company is seeking a Director of Engineering. The Director of Engineering will manage the engineering teams responsible for building Norton’s web-based products. They will coordinate engineering activities to design, develop, forecast, and improve processes. We are looking for an enthusiastic, friendly person who values Norton’s unique employee-owned company culture, wants to be a leader within a technology team where everyone is responsible for the quality of our products and happiness of our customers. This person should be a self-starter and be forward thinking.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely, accurate, and quality execution of all deliverables
- Work with Product Owners, Project Management, User Experience, and Quality Assurance teams to align priorities and deliverables
- Work with the Solution Architect to ensure flexible and scalable system/software architecture and designs.
- Develop strong lines of communication between Engineering and Product teams, ensuring that the right feedback gets incorporated in development conversation
- Help facilitate problem solving across teams and groups
- Manage teams by clearly outlining titles, roles and responsibilities
- Set Goals and Targets for team members on regular basis
- Develop a culture of autonomy, ownership, accountability and innovation across the team
- Conduct regular check-ins and 1-1s with team members
- Think critically about the long-term career development of team members
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Develop and implement web standards across multiple technologies
- Evaluate technology vendors/suppliers, negotiate agreements, and establish working relationships to push our product strategy forward.