W. W. Norton is seeking an Institutional Sales Specialist to join its college department. The primary duties of the institutional sales specialist will be to assist Norton’s college sales reps in winning competitive adoptions where Inclusive Access programs are being considered and to promote Norton’s college titles within the career-college market. The institutional sales specialist will also have the opportunity to influence marketing campaigns and strategies, consult on new market opportunities, and lead and implement department-wide training initiatives that help sales reps present the best solutions to prospective customers. This position will require up to 40% overnight travel and will be based on the West Coast or Pacific/Mountain time zones, United States.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing a training program to help regional managers and sales reps effectively identify their best Inclusive Access prospects
- Making campus calls with sales reps on campus
- Participating in or conducting presentations to administrators and faculty
- Identifying opportunities for and securing participation in Inclusive Access and other course-material affordability programs
- Establishing, developing, and maintaining relationships with administrators at career colleges
- Promoting Norton’s college titles and courseware and winning new business within the career-college market
- Providing exemplary service and support to adopting institutions
- Identifying trends in online learning and collaborating with digital media, marketing, and sales groups to develop strategies for existing and forthcoming digital products and initiatives
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.