W. W. Norton & Company is seeking an Editorial Assistant to join its College Emedia department. This role will support the Media Editor for economics in creating instructor and student support materials for college economics courses.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
- Management of content in all stages of production - Sending manuscript to be reviewed by college instructors. Setting and adhering to schedules. Preparing manuscript for copyediting, production, and permissions review.
- Communication management - Professionally interacting with authors, college faculty, marketing, and sales staff to relay messages, follow-up on requests/information and in general, anticipating when to proactively act on messages (including relaying messages with a sense of urgency).
- Project management - Collaborating with and providing support to media editorial team to move numerous different projects forward in order to meet publishing deadlines.
- Creating and editing Excel and Word documents to support projects and/or office responsibilities.
- Data Management - Extracting data from internal web based information portals. Aggregating data from various sources. Information gathering and following up.
- Market research - Assisting media editor with research on market trends in online learning.