Norton Professional Books, a division of W. W. Norton focusing on mental health and K-12 education titles, is seeking a Marketing and Publicity Coordinator. This job reports to the Marketing Director and also works closely with a Marketing Manager, acquisitions editors, authors, and affiliated organizations and vendors. The coordinator will spearhead and follow through on marketing and publicity plans for a variety of books in both fields, including market research and outreach, media outreach, promotional campaign management, sales analysis, and social media marketing. A background and/or interest in clinical psychology and education is preferred.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and execute marketing plans in coordination and with input from sales and editorial.
- Writing press materials, organizing press and author mailings, maintaining the publicity database, and sending monthly publicity updates.
- Developing relationships with media contacts, coordinating galley production and mailings
- Designing and coordinating print (flyers, postcards, etc.) and online promotional campaigns, including the concept, copy, and design of print and digital advertisements. The coordinator will also work with freelance designers on designated projects.
- Creating companion promotional pages on the Norton website for print and digital campaigns.
- Strengthening our presence on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube through paid and organic posts; analyzing and reporting on campaign results.
- Market research and competitor analysis.
- Salesforce administration, sales reporting and analysis (uptick reports, direct sales reports).
- Budget maintenance and occasional forecasting.
- Maintaining our email marketing database, designing email campaigns, and utilizing Google Analytics to track campaign results.
- Maintenance of NPB webpages on the Norton website (updating title information, related links, content modules, etc.).
- Edelweiss+ administration (updating review quotes, synchronizing data between Norton site and EW+, catalog and collection creation)
- Corresponding with university professors and fulfilling exam copy requests for potential course adoptions.
- Wordpress blog development and administration
- Developing and posting video content for promotions (filming and editing author interviews, events, etc.).
- Maintenance and documentation of departmental status reports, calendars, and campaign plans.
- Upkeep of author event calendar and outreach to event organizers.
- Interviewing, hiring, and managing seasonal interns.
- Occasionally representing the division at conferences and author events (some travel may be required).
Visit wwnorton.com/psych and wwnorton.com/education for more information about Norton Mental Health and Norton Books in Education.