W.W. Norton & Company is is seeking a Human Resources Assistant to support its HR Department in all operational and administrative functions, including: benefits administration, payroll administration, performance evaluations, and recruiting. This position is entry-level and is ideal for someone interested in pursing a generalist career in HR.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
- Answer general employee inquiries regarding benefits, policies and procedures.
- Assist with administering the internship program and intern on-boarding process.
- Assist with tracking vacation and sick time.
- Maintain department reports, records and excel logs.
- Oversee all aspects of recruiting, including posting jobs, training hiring managers, checking job descriptions, etc.
- Prepare on-boarding paperwork for new hires and lead new hire orientations.
- Prepare and maintain personnel files.
- Review all new hire paperwork; verify eligibility to work in the U.S. using E-Verify; ensure that I-9 forms are completed and maintained appropriately.
- Data entry and other administrative support tasks such as filing, copying, shredding and organizing.
- Assist in coordinating employee events, such as community service days and benefits information sessions.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.