W. W. Norton is seeking an experienced Contracts Associate for its Contracts Department. The employee in this position will work closely with the Contracts Director and Contracts Manager and editorial departments.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Draft, negotiate, and track author agreements for trade and college imprints and communicate directly with editorial departments regarding the same
- Assist with agreement boilerplate updates, as needed
- Train new editorial assistants in the processes and procedures related to contracts
- Analyze files and research queries, as needed
- Collaborate with department on set-up of content management system
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.