W. W. Norton is searching for an inquisitive, proactive, results-oriented and security-minded DevOps engineer to add to our growing team. The role will involve creating and maintaining continuous integration and delivery pipelines, to ensure automated and repeatable deployment processes. The DevOps engineer will be responsible for researching, implementing and driving best practices for enterprise deployments and software development lifecycle automation. This role will be operating in a cloud-focused environment.
Problem-solving and scripting skills are crucial. Candidates must be proficient in configuring AWS services (Auto Scaling Groups, Load Balancer, Security Groups) and Kubernetes. Candidates should also have prior experience in installing Linux services, nginx, NodeJS deployment tools and Docker.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package. All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. This position is located in our Manhattan office and reports to the Director of Engineering.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Design, implement and maintain a robust, scalable CI/CD pipeline.
- Troubleshoot issues during the build process in the various environments (Production, Staging, Dev/test).
- Support automation of CI testing and troubleshoot issues along the CI/CD pipeline.
- Setup and administer development, test, and production environments in Kubernetes.
- Delivering production cloud operations support and monitoring in our AWS and other hosted environments.
- Proactively monitor and enhance the current existing AWS architecture.
- Monitor and manage alert services for the health of the entire cloud architecture, including, but not limited to, CI/CD pipelines, database, application tier, external interfaces.
- Staying up-to-date with current web application and development technologies and services.
- Production Support and system maintenance as needed.