W.W. Norton is seeking an assistant for its small, friendly and busy Subsidiary Rights department. This person will work closely with the Subsidiary Rights Director and Assistant Manager on a range of books across a variety of markets. This is an entry-level position.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
- Interact with international subagents and domestic licensees in audio, large print, book club, online and print media.
- Liaise with publicity and editorial departments.
- Submission procedures and tracking.
- Contract processing from drafting through signature.
- Composition of book fair and other rights guides.
- Management and storage of rights information.
- Responsibility for general department email.
- Monthly and quarterly reports.
- Handle production and file requests for domestic and foreign licensees & invoice appropriate fees.
- Maintain department database.
- Position may involve selling responsibilities.