W.W. Norton & Company is seeking a print Editorial Assistant to support the Editor for college textbooks in Economics and Sustainability.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
- Management of manuscripts in all stages of production - Sending manuscript to be reviewed by college instructors. Preparing manuscript for copyediting and production. Checking art manuscript and creating figure logs for manuscript.
- Project Management - Maintain schedules and deadlines as set by editorial managers. Creating and editing Excel and Word documents to support projects and/or office responsibilities. Maintaining records to editorial standards.
- Professional customer and author relationship management - Professionally interacting with authors, college faculty, marketing, and sales staff to relay messages, follow-up on requests/information and in general, anticipating when to proactively act on messages (including relaying messages with a sense of urgency).
- Document management - Emailing, scanning, copying, and printing. Organizing and maintaining files on cloud storage and FTP sites.
- Data Management - Extracting data from internal web-based information portals. Aggregating data from various sources. Information gathering and following up.