W.W. Norton & Company, Inc. is seeking a Marketing Manager to
join Norton Young Readers. Norton Young Readers is the children’s and
young adult imprint of W.W. Norton, publishing approximately 30 titles
per year in the picture book, narrative fiction and nonfiction, and
graphic novel categories, for all ages from elementary school to teen.
This role will support the Publishing Director of Norton Young
Readers. This is a full-time position based out of Norton’s
headquarters in NYC.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
- Works with Publishing Director to develop marketing programs for
Norton Young Readers.
- Co-ordinates and executes marketing, advertising, publicity,
promotion, and social media campaigns.
- Communicates and regularly updates publishing and marketing plans
to Norton’s sales force.
- Co-ordinates and supports independent freelance publicists and
others contracted to work on Norton Young Readers titles.
- Manages and executes regular trade review submissions, award
submissions, bookseller mailings, etc.
- Monitors and maintains Norton Young Readers’ social media accounts.
- Tracks expenditures and budgets.
Please note - this job description is not designed to cover all
activities required of the employee.