W. W. Norton is seeking an Ebook Production Assistant to join its
Ebook Department. This is a collaborative team that handles all ebook
operations in the company, including production, distribution, content
management, and archiving. This role assists the Ebook Department with
the development of higher-education digital textbooks; manages the
production of college ebooks; maintains conversion schedules and
follows up with affiliate publishers and Norton production staff on
time-sensitive projects; updates department databases with the latest
production information; and occasionally assists the Digital Content
and Distribution operations with ebook quality assurance and
distributions to e-retailers.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
- Track ebook production schedules in collaboration with the
distribution coordinator and ebook department manager, ensuring
adherence to sensitive dates.
- Route instructions and files to/from outsourcing vendors,
answering vendor queries.
- Turn over ebook content for QA and distribution.
- Communicate with Norton production and editorial staff for the
timely delivery of ebook production materials.
- Liaise with Norton affiliate publishers who produce/distribute
ebooks through our Ebook Department, and keep clients abreast of
their project statuses.
- Make routine corrections to existing ebook files and help keep
ebook distribution and archiving operations up-to-date.
- Occasionally assist the ebook distribution manager in tracking and
distributing ebooks through our online distribution hub and help
document the steps in database tracking.
- Assist the department manager in routine tasks.
Please note - this job description is not designed to cover all
activities required of the employee.