Liveright, a division of W.W. Norton & Company, Inc., is seeking
an Editorial Assistant to join its Editorial Department. The position
supports a Senior Editor acquiring in nonfiction and an Editor
acquiring in fiction. This is a full-time, entry level position based
out of Norton’s headquarters in NYC.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
- Management of manuscripts in all stages of production; preparing
manuscripts for copyediting and production.
- Reading and reacting quickly to submissions.
- Professionally interacting with authors, production, marketing,
and sales staff to relay messages, follow-up on requests/information
and in general, anticipating when to proactively act on messages.
- Administrative management: organizing and maintaining files;
tracking manuscripts and reviews; copying, printing, and emailing.
- Tracking and processing payments.
- Managing text and photo permissions with authors and the contracts department.
- Generating promotional copy for catalogs, book jackets, and
- Creating and editing Excel and Word documents to support projects
and/or office responsibilities.
- Line editing manuscripts and contributing to overall publishing
strategy of individual titles
Please note - this job description is not designed to cover all
activities required of the employee.