National Book Company is seeking an experienced Credit and
Collections Clerk. Essential job responsibilities will include, but
are not limited to:
* Working with customers to ensure their account remains current,
including contacting customers via phone, email or in writing.
* Reconciling customer accounts to resolve any discrepancies on
their account by researching items, working with customers and
coordinating or gathering information from other departments.
* Posting transactions such as cash, credits or other adjustments
to customers account as appropriate.
* Responding to customer inquiries.
* Reviewing orders for accounts that are past due or have reached
their credit limit.
* Assisting with year-end audit inquiries and information gathering.
* Entering of contracts into database systems.
* Generating accounting and customer statements on a monthly,
quarterly and annual basis.
* Reviewing accounts with manager on a bi-monthly basis or as needed.
* Daily filing and other administrative tasks as assigned by the manager.
* Coordinating with other departments as necessary.
* Identifying bad debt or financial exposure.