W. W. Norton & Company is seeking an inquisitive, proactive,
results-oriented, and security-minded DevOps Engineer to join its
Digital Products team. While known for being the nation’s largest
independent, employee-owned book publishing firm, W. W. Norton also
has a growing list of web applications and services that serve
students, instructors, and general readers. In this position, you will
play a critical role in the success of our products, implementing and
driving best practices for enterprise deployments and automation of
the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and providing solutions that
are robust, scalable, and highly available. This position reports
directly to the Director of DevOps and Information Security.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
- Function as a subject matter expert on DevOps, including but not
limited to cloud-based infrastructure and CI/CD.
- Work closely with other teams to find solutions to DevOps-related
issues impacting end-users.
- Create and maintain internal DevOps documentation.
- Provide operational support to engineering and quality assurance
- Work with Project Managers, QA leads, and Tech Leads to define
best practices for the SDLC.
- Suggest improvements to workflows, processes, and protocols when appropriate.
- Support automation of continuous integration and troubleshoot
issues along the CI/CD pipeline.
- Set up and administer development, test, and production environments.
- Deliver production cloud operations support and monitoring in AWS
and other hosted environments.
- Monitor and manage alert services for the health of the entire
cloud architecture, including but not limited to applications,
services, CI/CD pipelines, databases, external interfaces.
- Stay up to date with current web development and infrastructure
technologies and practices.
- Support production systems and provide system maintenance as needed.
Please note - this job description is not designed to cover all
activities required of the employee.