W.W. Norton & Company, Inc. is seeking an Editorial Assistant to
join its College Editorial Department to assist our Psychology titles.
This is a full-time, entry level position based out of Norton’s
headquarters in NYC.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
- Management of manuscripts in all stages of production; preparing
manuscripts for copyediting and production and preparing art logs
and art manuscripts for permissions and production.
- Professionally interacting with authors, production, marketing,
and sales staff to relay messages, follow-up on requests/information
and in general, anticipating when to proactively act on messages.
- Administrative management: organizing and maintaining files;
routing contract requests and content agreements; tracking manuscripts.
- Managing review programs: researching and recruiting instructors
to serve as editorial reviewers for texts; sending review materials
to reviewers; communicating professionally with reviewers via email.
- Coordinating meetings with authors: scheduling meetings, sending
reminders about meetings; circulating detailed summaries of
decisions made to attendees after the meetings.
- Tracking and processing payments for authors and reviewers.
- Creating and editing Excel and Word documents to support projects
and/or office responsibilities.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover all
activities required of the employee.