W. W. Norton & Company is seeking a Salesforce Business Analyst
to join our internal Salesforce team. Independent since 1923,
employee-owned, and proud to publish "books that live,"
Norton is dedicated to building inclusive learning experiences for
higher education and high school. The Salesforce team works across
departments to develop features, maintain, and support the use of W.
W. Norton & Company’s CRM system. The Salesforce Business Analyst
will gather and document detailed stakeholder requirements and help
the team turn those requirements into technical solutions. The
position will report to the Salesforce Product Owner.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
- Review and document current and new system processes, integration
details, and feature component packages
- Gather, analyze, and define business requirements for developing
new features across multiple departments and integrated systems
- Document detailed meeting notes and action items
- Gather, analyze, and report on feedback from stakeholders
throughout the year on a variety of topics such as new features to
be developed, customer satisfaction with our team’s support, etc.
- Interpret, confirm, and communicate business requirements in a
comprehensible manner to both developers and stakeholders
- Assist stakeholders with development and documentation of training
materials on new features as requested
- Help to identify and assess third-party solutions for cost
effectiveness and compatibility with business needs
- Works with stakeholders and project team to prioritize collected requirements
- Manages and tracks the status of requirements throughout the
project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary
- Define and ensure adherence to the change management processes
when new features are ready for rollout
- Draft testing steps and participate in the QA process for
internally developed or purchased solutions to ensure features and
functions are working as intended
- Acquire and maintain Salesforce-based certifications on relevant
features and processes
- Provide basic technical support to end users for issues or
questions regarding the Salesforce platform
- Perform other Salesforce administrative duties on an as-needed basis
Please note - this job description is not designed to cover all
activities required of the employee.