W. W. Norton & Company is seeking a Senior Production Manager to
coordinate 1st-printing complex College titles from manuscript through
bound books, as well as digital ancillary materials. The Senior
Production Manager will report to the Director of College Production.
Please note this is not a film or video position.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
- Manage the production of highly complex first-print titles,
including both print and digital items, from manuscript through
composition to manufacturing of parent titles, as well as managing
ancillary digital products for students and instructors
- Collaborate with in-house Editorial, Design, Project Editorial,
Photo Editing, Permissions, and Media editorial and project
editorial departments to usher books and digital ancillaries through
the publishing process
- Work with outside suppliers, including but not limited to,
freelancers, compositors, art studios, digital-content producers,
and accessibility content providers
- Specify and purchase paper for print-book titles
- Work with a number of book-manufacturing companies and component
printers to ensure timely printing and shipping of titles
- Maintain an accurate database of all book projects in process
- Maintain and report budgets and final costs throughout the
Please note- this job description is not designed to cover all
activities required of the employee.