W. W. Norton & Company is seeking a User Experience Designer with
a focus on accessible and inclusive design. Norton has a strong
mandate to create accessible digital products, and this role will
drive accessible and inclusive design across Norton products by
working closely with colleagues in design and engineering. This
position will collaborate with stakeholders, product managers and
technologists to create exceptional experiences for our customers. Our
UX team crosses many different types of customers, from general book
consumers to college students and instructors. We have a collaborative
design team environment and strive to make complex products easy for
our customers to use. Our UX designers are embedded on projects from
initial kickoff through implementation. The UX team practices a
user-centered design approach to create products that engage and
delight our customers. This position reports to the Director of User Experience.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
- Partner with UX designers to help define the team’s strategy,
roadmap, and priorities for creating accessible digital products.
- Provide feedback and critique on accessibility and inclusion in
- Have the autonomy to explore, drive, and implement inclusive
- Work on a variety of projects that leverage a diverse skill set
including, but not limited to, design, research, workshop
facilitation, and UX product strategy.
- Advocate to stakeholders and educate them on inclusive and
accessible design practices.
- Be an advocate for inclusion, equity, and accessibility.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues to design intuitive
experiences that meet business and user needs.
- Create well-crafted design deliverables.
- Present designs regularly to stakeholders, designers and
colleagues on partner product development teams.
- Manage multiple projects and prioritize your tasks and deliverables.
Please note - this job description is not designed to cover all
activities required of the employee.