W. W. Norton is seeking a Copyright and Permissions Specialist for
its Contracts Department. This employee will work closely with the
Contracts Director, Permissions Manager, Senior Contracts Manager,
Contracts Associates/Assistants and other departments.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
- Research and review contracts in connection with providing
copyright lines for titles
- Obtain Cataloging-in-Publication Data from the Library of Congress
- Register published works with the Copyright Office of the Library
- Research copyright status of published works
- Support Permissions Manager by granting permissions for Norton’s
published titles: Analyze contracts and research rights status;
respond to requests; set permissions fees and draft permissions agreements
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover all
activities required of the employee.