Experience and Skills:
As an experienced lead or manager, former developer, system admin, or
solutions architect, you know the complete development stack for
modern web-based applications in and out and are excited to help
others grow in their roles.
- Employment eligibility to work with W.W. Norton & Company in
the US is required.
- W. W. Norton & Company ("Norton") strives to
maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated
is a condition of employment for all new Norton hires. Norton makes
reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with
disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, or other conditions
protected by applicable law.
- 5+ years of production DevOps experience in a cloud environment
(AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.).
- 2+ years of experience mentoring, leading, or managing others.
- Excellent capacity for communicating technical information to
- Deep understanding of development practices and tools, such as
agile and git strategies.
- Extensive experience with Linux systems and the command line.
- Strong familiarity with Kubernetes orchestration and
container-based application management.
- Proficient with virtualized networking best practices, such as how
to configure AWS VPCs.
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools and management of
infrastructure as code.
- Knowledgeable of common practices for database administration and
general information security.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Highly disciplined and self-motivated.
- Must be able to work full business hours. If candidate is not in
the EDT time zone, must be able to accommodate EDT working hours.
W. W. Norton & Company is the oldest and largest
publishing house owned wholly by its employees. W. W. Norton &
Company strives to carry out the imperative of its founder to
"publish books not for a single season, but for the years."
In college publishing, that imperative applies not only to books, but
also to an ever-growing list of essential print and digital resources
that support teaching and learning. For more information about the
Company, visit us online at: http://www.wwnorton.com.