W. W. Norton & Company is seeking an organized, enthusiastic, and
articulate individual for our Digital Publishing Team. Media Producers
in Digital Publishing work closely with media editors, production, and
product teams to oversee media projects and manage assets used in
Norton’s educational content, instructor resources, and teaching and
learning tools. As specialists on Norton products and content
management systems, Media Producers collaborate across groups to
implement processes that make content management more efficient, help
accelerate product development, and better meet customer needs.
Because they track and report on the status of media projects, Media
Producers must be clear communicators, have excellent project
management skills, and be good systems thinkers. The ideal candidate
cares deeply about organizational efficiency, has a strong growth
mindset, and can work independently. This position reports to the
Director of Digital Publishing.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
- Managing the setup of instructor resource files and teaching tools
provided via Norton’s website and digital products.
- Managing the digital assets, such as interactive HTML content,
audio, and video used in Norton’s educational products, and their
hosting platforms (Cloud CMS and Amazon Web Services).
- Overseeing link generation and organization for digital assets
hosted on Amazon Web Services.
- Managing internal users’ access to content management platforms on
Amazon Web Services and CloudCMS.
- Assisting customer support, instructional technology, website, and
other internal teams in semiannual audits to validate the accuracy
of instructor resources delivered to customers via Norton’s website.
- Investigating content setup issues and support requests, helping
to resolve defects that stem from, or impact, digital content.
- Professionally interacting with vendors, editorial, production,
operations, and digital product teams to collect information that
teams need to execute media projects efficiently.
- Work with other Media Producers in the team, during peak times, on
the coordination with vendors and internal teams producing
interactive media, audio, and video for Norton titles.
- Creating and maintaining documentation to support team processes,
projects, and responsibilities.
- As needed, covering for other Media Producers in the team to track
and report the status of digital projects and to maintain databases
that feed production reports.
Please note - this job description is not designed to cover all
activities required of the employee.